Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Huis (My House) + A Friday Night

A little Afrikaans for you..I am learning slowly but surely! Anyways, here are a couple of updated house pics.

The living room thanks to all the hand-me-downs from the fam:



The Room Reveal!



Choosing the right room gets you closet space AND a chair!



Look at what my mom got me in Cape Town!!



And that's about it. I went to a mall last night (I know so 7th grade) with the roommate- we had a nice little outing consisting of wine, thai food, the movie Everybody's Fine (which I bawled my eyes out in- probably not the best movie to see when youre across the ocean from your family), cappuccinos and finally a R50 cab ride with Andres from Maputo (Mozambique)...it was an amusing night to say the least.

Fun fact: There is no liquid butter to put on your popcorn here...there IS on the other hand..salt and vinegar powder, butter salt powder, fruit chutney (chutney = sauce made from fruit put on meats mostly), aromatic (old bay-ish) and cheese powder..FYI if you ever get to a movie theatre on my side. Well I'm off but one more photo before I go.

Packing this

to go here!!!!!!!!




I leave on Monday. Super stoked. Taking it easy tonight but going to the open air market and breakfast tomorrow with the roommate and a braai with the head boss tomorrow! An exciting end/start to my week. No work this Friday or next Monday due to Easter! These people love a good public holiday and I am all about it.

1 comment:

  1. I love how common chairs double as end tables and vanity/make-up tables. Interior design genius!

    ReplyDelete