Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Roadtrippin' Round the Dirty C

The Dirty C would be Cape Town of course, which isn't dirty at all but quite gorgeous. We were riding dirty in this though:



Granted there were 7 of us, but it was still very Vegas Vacation- the SA version- feeling. We had tons of fun but in a very short amount of time. I flew in Friday at 11am (thanks Elaine!) and met my mom's side of the fam at the airport. They live here in Joburg but were in the middle of taking a 3 week roadtrip around the country..and my mom was lucky enough to tag along. I decided to meet them in Cape Town during week 2. Anyway, we went straight to the guesthouse that we were staying at in Simon's Town, which is where the Navy resides. These are some pics from the 2 guesthouses we stayed in:











My Spot:


We saw penguins!






That night we also headed down to the V & A Waterfront but I forgot my camera. But this is what it looks like:



What would a trip to the CT be without some scenic pictures?















Pics of Simon's Town:

This one is my fav-






After touring around the Navy Museum the next day, we headed out to the Winelands for the Spier Wine Festival. Sadly, there was no grape stomping to be found but lots of goodies, good wine and such a nice day. They have a huge grassy area to picnic on with a pond, 2 resturants and a market where you can make your own picnic. Its SO lovely. Every one of you should visit!





We stopped at a market after to pick up some food to braai (bbq) and had an awesome dinner watching the sunset. Unfortunately, I had to leave early Sunday. I did get to have lunch with some more fam and headed home shortly after. Oh the life I lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment